Tagged: animal, aquarium, aquastar, aquastar71, beautiful, beautifulaquarium, beautifulfish, beautifultank, beautyfulfish, bestbettafish, betta, Betta care, Betta feed, Betta feeding, betta fish care, betta for sale, betta half moon, betta pellets, betta shop online, bettabreeder, bettabreeding, bettacare, bettacommunity, bettafish, bettafishaquarium, bettafishbowl, bettafishtanks, bettafishthailand, bettaforsale bettafishcare, bettahendra, bettahobby, bettaimport, bettalove, bettalover, bettasofinstagram, bettasorority, bettasplendens, bettastore, bettatank, breedingbettafish, chinesefightingfish, cupang, facebook, fighterfish, fightingfish, fightingfishtank, fish, fish feed, fish pellets, fishkeeping, fishtank, halfmoon, high, highqualitybetta, highqualitybettafish, importedbettas, japanesefightingfish, livebetta, livefish, Longfin, nature, nicebettathailand, nyc, online betta shop, orderbetta, orderbettafish, Overhalfmoon, pet co, pet shop, Petco, pets, petsmart, photography, plakat, quality, Rosetail, Shotfin, siamesefightingfish, thailand, thailandbettaquction, top, topqualitybettafish, tropicalfish, ปลากัด, ปลาสวยงาม
- 10/Sep/2018 at 8:39 am #55151NiceBetta ThailandKeymaster
Items Needed For Changing Betta Fish Tank Water
1. An Aquarium Siphon
One of the most important things that you need to change the water in your Betta tank is a siphon. You need to get a special aquarium siphon that will automatically let the water out of the tank. These siphons also help to suck waste from the bottom of the tank.
You are going to need 1 buckets, one for the clean water and one for the dirty water. Make sure that the bucket with the clean water has never had any chemicals in it. The bucket for the dirty water can be any bucket as you will be throwing that water out anyway.
3. Thermometer & pH Kit
Before you put the water in the tank, you need to make sure that it is at the right temperature and has the right pH level. This is important because you do not want to add new water into the tank that does not have the right pH level of temperature.
4. Water Conditioner
The water that comes out of your sink has fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals in it which are not good for any aquarium. Water conditioner will help remove and neutralize these substances found in tap water, making it useable for aquariums.
How Often To Change The Water In Your Betta Fish Tank
When it comes to water changes, this is something that needs to be done on a regular basis. Now, this is not a dead set and written in stone procedure. Different people recommend different water change schedules to maintain clean water. Generally speaking, most would recommend to change around 1/3 of the water on a weekly basis, but no more.
You don’t want to change too much of the water because it does have certain parameters, such as the pH level, hardness, temperature, biological agents, and bacteria. You do not want to alter too much at once due to risk of stressing your fish out or creating water conditions that are less than ideal for survival and healthy development.
1.Fill a clean bucket with clean and fresh water. Do this before you even look at the betta fish tank.
2.You need to use water conditioner in order to condition the water and remove chlorine and other harmful substances from the fresh water. Putting your betta fish in water with chlorine in it is toxic and can lead to death rather quickly. Always follow the exact instructions provided with the specific water conditioner you buy.
3.You need to let the water warm up a bit, to at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Ideally, you need to allow the water to warm up to the same temperature as the current water inside of the aquarium. You can do this by simply letting it sit or by using a water heater (we have reviewed our top 5 here) if you need things to go a little faster. An easy way is to mix hot and cold water from the tap until you hit the right temperature.
4.Now, remove 30% of the water from the tank. You can do this by hand with a bucket, or you can use a special water removal siphon to make things a little easier.
5.If you can, clean the gravel at the bottom of the tank before adding new water into the tank. A gravel siphon is ideal for this.
6.Add in as much water as is needed to get the tank back to the original water level.
How To Keep Betta Fish Water Clean
Betta fish do eat a fair amount and they can definitely create a decent amount of waste as well. This creates ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pollutes the water. There are several things which can pollute the water, but with the right tools and the right steps, you can easily keep betta fish water clean.
Let’s go over the most important tips you can follow in order to keep betta fish water as clean as can be.
– Don’t overfeed your betta fish. Uneaten food will end up at the bottom of the tank and start to rot, degrade, grow bacteria, and pollute the water. Only feed your betta 2 or 3 times per day and do not give them more than they can finish in around 3 minutes.
– Perform regular aquarium cleaning. This is beside the water changing we talked about before. Use a gravel siphon to clean the gravel and use warm water to clean decorations, driftwood, and other such things.
– Make sure that the plants in the betta fish tank are healthy. If there are rotting leaves or stems, either remove them or remove the whole plant. Rotting plants release chemicals into the water that should not be there.
– You need to havea great 3 stage filtration unit. Now, betta fish are known for being able to survive in water that is not exactly pristinely clean. However, that being said, they do better in clean water. A good filter that engages in mechanical, biological, and chemical filtration is key. Mechanical filtration removes fish waste and debris, biological filtration gets rid of ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates, and chemical filtration gets rid of other toxins, odors, and discoloration too.
– You can always try adding in some snails which will eat algae growing in the tank.
As long as you follow the steps outlined above, in terms of water changing and keeping the tank clean, keeping your betta fish in prime health should be no problem at all.
Do you have any question about this? …. Please comment below!
We would love to hear them in the comments below!
Did you find this interesting? So will your friends! Use the buttons below to share with your friends and the world! 🙂
See more quality Betta fish for sale in online store https://www.nicebettathailand.com
If you looking for high quality betta fish please think about us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruh97DTBWf0&t=10s
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.