Betta fish is a small fish that uses little space. There is no need to have an oxygen maker. Because there are special organs that help to breathe Making it possible to gobble up air from the surface directly And when wanting to transport or move No need to compress pure oxygen into the bag like normal fish.
The highlight of the betta fish that makes people popular today is easy to raise, with high water. Weather resistant Because it is the native fish of our house There are beautiful colors without much care. It is also known for both Thai and foreigners already. Making the market for people who want to trade all the time.
In addition, there are advantages that do not cry or have a foul odor like other animals. Therefore, the shepherds can rest assured that raising a large number of betta fish in the area of the house will not cause problems and frustration to the neighbors until it becomes a case later.
For all these reasons Betta is one of the most beautiful fish for urban people.
Before raising any kind of animal It would be good for us to get to know the shape and anatomy in rough ways.
General characteristics of betta fish
Betta is a small fish. When fully grown, the size is not more than 6 centimeters, except for giant betta fish That is more than 10 centimeters in size. Males and females have distinct external characteristics. As in the following table.
Comparison of male and female betta fish
For betta fish that are commonly raised to compete as male betta While females are not popular because they have patterns and colors that are not as beautiful as males. Except wanting to develop varieties to look more exotic and beautiful.
Betta fish The important organs used to identify betta fish are as follows.
- (operculum) Is a side organ on both sides Is the fragile part of the betta fish
- (gill) Inside the cheek on both sides is the respiratory organs The South people call this part of the gums. When fish meet with their opponents, they spread out their gums to intimidate their opponents. If anyone is bitten by this part, it will be very easy to defeat.
- (dorsal fin) Is a fin that lies on the spine in the middle of the body, small, large, different depending on the species May have other names that the spine faces
- (pectoral fin) Next to the cheek is an organ that helps in movement and balance, some local called ear, water or blow water. If any biting fish are bitten by the fins, the ears are so deformed that the ears are dead.
- (ventral fin) Is a pair of fins that are located under the abdomen. Under the stomach Slender appearance May have different sizes and characteristics in each species Some locals call this part of the body as a cane, a horse, a horse’s feet, or a horse position, which is expected to be a lot of biting fish from time to time to lift up and lift the chopsticks.
- (anal fin) is fin from ventral fin long to the tail
- (caudal fin) The end of the body There are different sizes and characteristics for each species. If a betta fish, the caudal fin is not very long. The Chinese betta has long tail fins. Some varieties of the tip of the tail are wavy, concave and very long, such as half moon and crown groups. The caudal fin is an important organ. The fish bite when fighting because they may be bitten by their opponent.